Friday, May 29, 2015

Gauze pom pom trim baby blanket


Here is another blanket! This one i made from Gauze because having a summer baby you want a light weight fabric for the baby and to swaddle them in. Why not add a cut pom pom trim to make the gauze blankets way cuiter! So here it foes i hope this make sense to all of you. Once again i did use my serger for the finished edged but you can do anything you want to finish the end of the blanket.

I did my blankets so they are 42x42 

This blog does a great job on showing you how to finish the edge of your blanket if you only have a swing machine. http://www.chelseablogs.com/2012/05/muslingauze-swaddle-blanket-tutorial.html
Once you have the ends all finished the way you want then you add the pom pom trim. 

I bough my trim from Hobby lobby I needed 2 of them for 1 blanket.


then just start in the middle of one of your edged don't start on a corner its just to hard to over lap at the end. I out the trim right agents the edge of my fabric you can see in the pictures on the back as well. Then just sew along the whole edge of the blanket.



I hope you can under stand why i am trying to explain. I am not the best at that :) 

3 comments:

  1. This blanket is adorable. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blanket is adorable. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! How I wish I had a serger! I made this blanket, too! See how I finished my edges here! http://www.susanstange.com/2016/01/tutorial-pom-pom-swaddle-blanket.html

    -Sue

    ReplyDelete