Friday, May 29, 2015

Pom Pom Blanket


There are going to be lots of projects and craft in the Weekley house until this baby gets here. Latest is blankets for our baby girl. They are SOOO easy to make you guys! Making the pom poms is what takes the longest. So for this project i actually use a surgery. Can i just say how obsessed surging!!! It really is the best. But every blanket i do and make can be made with a swine machine as well. I was just going for a different look wanted to see the tread and the finished edge look of thread that the surgery offers and a sewing machine does not.

I am going to show you 2 different blankets with the same plan. One blankets is made out of Jersey fabric that is the gray one. The black and white striped one is made of Knit. I made mine for crib size. So it is longer then the width. So it is 45x35.

Cut your fabric to what ever size you want. Then decide how you want to finish the edge of your blanket off. You can see in pictures below i just simply ran mine threw my serger. Like i said if you don't have a serger you can do the simple quilt binding or just fold and stick edge for a finished edge.
Diy



Once you have finished the ending on your blanket you will start on the pom poms. I actually followed this tutorial http://www.handimania.com/diy/2-incredible-ways-to-make-yarn-pom-poms.html. Supper easy to make them. On my gray fabric I used the fork. Then on my striped fabric i used something that was double the size of a fork.

I made 8 Fork size pom poms for my gray blanket. Then i did 10 pom poms with the larger size for the striped blanket. When you tie the pom poms though keep the stings that you tie in the middle long don't trim those off! You will use that to attach to blanket.




One you have it threaded all you do is decided where you want you pom poms to hang. I did one in each corner then the center along the edge of each side. I tied the knot about 4-5 times to make sure it was tight.



 once done then cut off the remaining yard strands. Then do the same for all the pom pom you want. then your done! Hope this helps some of you!




Make sure if you wash these blanket they are washed as a delicate even the best is to use a garment bag so nothing gets snagged while in your washing machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment